9 Reasons to Provide Your Workers with Coffee
There are a lot of reasons people like to start their day with a cup of joe. It has been estimated that at least 54% of all people in the United States drink coffee each day. Most have more than one cup. The typical person who drinks coffee consumes 3.1 cups each day. If you own or manage a business, you may be thinking about having an office coffee vendor supply your crew with the tasty beverage. Here are some good things you can do for your workers when you have an office coffee maker in your break room:
- Your workers will be more productive. At least 40% of workers who drink coffee say it helps them be more productive at work. They will be smarter as well,. Research into how caffeine works in the brain has shown that 200 mg of the substance can help people better identify words and phrases. It makes people quicker than how the react without coffee.
- Your workers will have better DNA. The European Journal of Nutrition recently published an article that showed people who drink coffee on a daily basis have stronger DNA. This is thought to be due to the fact that coffee drinkers have fewer instances of random DNA strand breakages.
- You will reduce their pain. If you have workers who hit the gym in the morning, you have workers who have at least some muscle pain. By having an office coffee vendor supply you with specialty coffee, you will help them have less pain. When people drink two cups of coffee, the pain and discomfort they feel after a workout can be cut almost in half (48%).
- They will get more fiber. We all can benefit from more fiber in our diet. Each cup of coffee has at least 1.8 grams of fiber in it. Starting the work day with some coffee can help get them off to the right start with their fiber. This may be why people who drink coffee regularly are less prone to developing colon cancer. Drinking it every day can reduce your risk by 26%. The more coffee people consume, the better.
- Your workers will have healthier livers. It has been found that drinking coffee can prevent people from developing dangerous and deadly cirrhosis of the liver. The Hepatology Journal recently put out a study showing that by drinking coffee — both caffeinated and decaf, can lower a person’s liver enzymes. Keeping the liver happy is an important part of staying healthy.
- They will have a lower risk for diabetes. Drinking a lot of coffee can do wonders to lower people’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes. You have to drink six cups (or more) of the beverage but doing so can cut the risk by a full 22%. Other research suggests that every cup of coffee decreases a person’s risk for developing diabetes by about 9%. Decaf coffee can help, too. Each cup of decaf lowers a person’s risk by 6%. By having an office coffee vendor, you can help your workers avoid diabetes.
- People who drink more coffee are less likely to develop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. New research into the devastating disease shows that caffeine can do a lot to protect the brain and keep it more healthy and free of the plaques found in Alzheimer’s disease. Even for people who are genetically predisposed to developing Parkinson’s, drinking coffee can help protect the brain here, too.
- People who drink coffee are less depressed. The Harvard Medical School looked at people who drank coffee. They discovered that when people drink at least four cups of coffee every day, they are 20% less likely to suffer from depression and have suicidal thoughts.
- People who drink coffee can be protected from heart disease. Research in Korea showed that people who drink moderate (or more) amounts of coffee each day are less likely to develop heart disease.
The more researchers look into coffee and tea, the more they are learning how drinking these beverages can help people live longer, healthier lives. Whether you are looking to improve their mental abilities or keep them healthy physically, you can do a lot for your workers by having an office coffee vendor bring java to your business.