Are You Looking for a Great Staff for a New Restaurant or Bakery?
Whether you are looking for 20 workers who know how to operate an industrial dough mixer by the end of the month or you are already beginning your search for an executive chef position that you are going to need to fill in six months, it is likely that you will be more successful in reaching your goals if you work with a staffing agency.
In a time when there is so much screening that needs to go into any hire and when vetting plays such an important role in making final decisions, it should come as no surprise that professional staffing agencies play important important roles. No matter what kind of position a company is trying to fill, it is always important to realize that there are many common characteristics that make for a GOOD HIRE:
- Getting to work on time is one of the most important things that need to happen if you want to be a valuable employee. Even when the company you work with offers flex hours, it is important that you do not get in the habit of being the last person to show up.
- One indicator of a great hire is someone who is willing to look for ways to help with extra tasks when their original assignments are being complicated.
- Owning the best attitude is another way that new employees can distinguish themselves, but if you are opening a commercial bakery and do not have the skilled workers you need to run the industrial dough mixers or heavy duty floor mixers you will not succeed.
- Deadlines are always important, so an employee who is diligent about making sure that work is always completed on time will always be a valuable asset.
- Helping coworkers succeed is another asset to employees who want to be known to be for being a team player.
- Instead of causing conflict, the top employees find a way to distance themselves from conflict, and sometimes even solve conflict.
- Research continues to show that the very best employees are engaged in their work environments. And while it is not necessary to spend all of your social time with workers, it is important to have some connections that make work more enjoyable.
- Every day is a new opportunity to show that you are the right employee for the job, so it is important to make sure that you are ready to make an impact whether it is a Monday or a Friday, or any day in between.
Whether you are opening a bakery or a full service restaurant, it is important to have the workers that you need. From chefs who can oversee the people who are running the industrial dough mixers to shift supervisors who can monitor the safe and healthy use of other kinds of commercial grade restaurant equipment, your business success will be determined by the staff you hire. Unfortunately, in a time of record low unemployment in many parts of the country it is not always easy to find the help that you will need. For instance, the U.S. commercial bakery market has shown steady growth in recent years, expanding from $26.2 billion in the year 2008 to $30.9 billion in 2014. This is but one indication of how difficult it can be to find the help that you need. And given that more than 200 million U.S. consumers visited a sit down restaurant in 2018, the restaurant market will continue to need all kinds of skilled workers, managers, and chefs. From understanding how to operate commercial bakery mixers to being able to supervise an entire kitchen of assistants, the restaurant or bakery that you open will only succeed if you make the best hires.