Popcorn Make a Great Gift for Teachers at the End of the Year!
It is the end of the school year and you are looking for a way to thank all of the teachers and support staff who have spent time working with your children during the last nine months. You have always liked giving the teachers gift cards that they can spend any way that they want, but these gift cards to not always make for the cutest package for your daughters to take in. This year, however, you happened to go into one of the local popcorn stores and notice that they had some great packaging ideas that could include not only a gift card, but also a tasty combination of flavored popcorn as well.
Whether you are looking for a treat for yourself or you are looking for a gift for a teacher or someone at work, your local popcorn store may have exactly what you are looking for.
Gourmet Popcorn Gifts Are the Perfect Way to Say Thank You
Popcorn has been a popular snack for many years. Alone and without butter it is a great way to make you feel full without adding very many calories. Added with chocolate chips, nuts, and raisins, popcorn is also a great way to fill out a large batch of trail mix while traveling or at a party. The decision to purchase gourmet flavored popcorn provides an even wider variety of options. And while cheese and carmel might be some of the most popular flavors, today’s offerings follow popular trends like salted carmel and bacon. Consider some of these facts and figures about the gourmet popcorn industry and the impact that it has not only on America’s taste buds, but the nation’s economy as well:
- Although it is a popular treat at home, the truth is that 30% of popcorn is eaten away from the house, in places like stadiums and theaters.
- The average American consumes 42 quarts of popcorn every year.
- Providing 70% of the recommended daily intake of whole grains, five cups of plain popcorn, which counts as one serving, contains just 150 calories.
- Ready-to-eat popcorn accounts for 67% of growth in the U.S. popcorn industry, despite being only 15% of sales by weight.
- 1 billion pounds of popcorn are grown every year in the U..S
- When it sold for just five cents a bag as an affordable snack in the Depression Era, popcorn first became a movie theater staple in the 1930s.
Finding the right gift for a teacher at the end of the year can be a challenge, but if you make the decision to add a combination of gourmet popcorn flavors from a popcorn store any gift will be a little more tasty and fun.